The Lawrence School, Sanawar
The Lawrence School, Sanawar, (elev. 1750 m., 5780 ft.) near Kasauli, in the Shimla Hills, was founded by Sir Henry M. Lawrence and his wife Honoria.
The School was one of the few of its kind in the world of that time. The School started with 14 boys and girls on 17th April 1847 and grew to a strength of
195 pupils by 1853. This was the year the School was presented Kings Colours by Lord Dalhousie. Sanawar was the first School in the entire British Empire to be presented the Kings Colours.Sitting on a hill as it does, physical activity is the daily bread of life for all Sanawarians. While the breadth and scope of its buildings provides for every possible need, academic, sporting and pastoral, Sanawar still has magical spaces for repose and quiet, where students are free to sit and reflect.
School : firstname.lastname@example.org